I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!! I just wanted to let you know that we have about two more months until classes start back up!! So if you haven't been working out this summer it is never too late to start... below is a list of workout ideas to help you either start back up or to add to your workout routine.
- Interval running- jogging is probably the easiest workout to come up with... however at times it gets a little old. Add some intensity by doing short intervals of sprints.
Sample workout: warm up (5 minutes light job), begin jogging at your normal pace for 2 minutes, then for 30 seconds sprint as fast as you can. Repeat for 30 minutes (or until your desired time).
- Tabata - this is another interval training that is easy to do anywhere. Pick two different exercises such as squat jumps and burpees. For 20 second perform as many squat jumps as possible. Rest 10 seconds, then for another 20 second perform as many burpees as possible. Repeat for 4 minutes. - I like to do 4-5 different sets of Tabata all together which adds up to be around a 20 min workout.
- Circuit Training- This type of workout is always fun to do. Pick several different types of exercise moves such as squats, push ups, high knees, shoulder press, pistal squats, sprints, etc. at each station time yourself for 1 minute. In that one minute do as many reps as possible then rotate to the next station. You can repeat the circuit as many times as you would like!
There are a couple of things to remember:
1. Stay hydrated- its a hot summer so make sure your sipping the water!
2. Food is fuel for the body- we need to eat a wide variety of healthy foods in order for our bodies to have enough energy to perform everything needed for that day.
3.Before each workout get a good 3-5 minute warm up in. Then after each workout do a 3 minute cool down with some stretching.
Feel free to share some of the workouts you have done this summer!! I would love to hear about them!
Cant wait to see everyone in August!
Have a great rest of the summer and a Happy 4th of July tomorrow!